As you have probably seen in the news, Portland Public Schools will now be closed through at least April 28. I have been following the updates from the district, and see that work is being done to hopefully prepare some sort of remote learning program. In the meantime, I want to provide some resources related to what we would be learning for the month of April.
It saddens me not to be teaching your children at school, but these precautions are certainly necessary for everyone’s health and safety. I have been thinking of you all, and hope your families are doing well.
Please take care,
Here are two possible items to work on at home:
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- Link to The Outsiders Full Text
- See Google Classroom for Novel Study Guide for vocabulary and comprehension questions
2. Persuasive Research Paper
- Your topic should be of national or international importance. 200 Argumentative Topics
- Links for directions and a graphic organizer are located on Google Classroom
Our next unit would have been the Middle Ages in Europe. Students can use reliable website information to complete their Timebook pages for this unit. Attached below are some interesting articles and videos to watch. The Timebook assignment is attached on Google Classroom, and also here: Medieval Timebook Options